Sea freight transportation
Our range of services
Types of transportation
How do we work?
“Mitridat” company carries out sea freight transportation to various countries of the world. The main advantage of this type of transportation is the low cost and the possibility of sending large volumes of cargo.
Popularity of sea transportation
Shipping by sea is one of the most promising logistics services, which also has a low price. Sea container transportation is considered the most common way of transportation between countries. It is especially in demand in the field of multimodal transportation, when delivery takes place under a single contract by several modes of transport.
Advantages and disadvantages of sea freight transportation
This method of delivery has its pros and cons. International sea transportation of goods has the following advantages:
- Low cost. Shipping costs by sea are much lower than for other modes of transport. One vessel contains from 1,000 to 21,000 containers of standard sizes. All this greatly reduces the cost of delivery to Kyiv, Odesa or another city of Ukraine, or abroad.
- Efficiency. Due to the container system, the process of loading and unloading in ports is significantly accelerated.
- Any cargo can be transported on a ship – solid, liquid, loose substances, metals, fragile objects, industrial equipment, cars, etc.
- Security. With this method of delivery, accidents happen much less often than when using cars. And the wobble on the water does not affect the cargo and its condition as much as sharp jolts and stops on the road. Therefore, sea freight is perfect for fragile materials. You can also insure the cargo for the time of delivery.
- The possibility of delivering cargo of various dimensions. With the help of sea transportation, it is possible to transport both small batches of goods in collapsible containers and oversized cargo. For example, oil platforms or a truck cannot be transported in another way.
- Adherence to deadlines. Certain routes are used to deliver cargo by sea. At the same time, there are no bad roads and traffic jams in the sea. The only reason for the delay is a ship breakdown or a storm, which happens extremely rarely.
- Developed infrastructure. An important advantage of sea freight is that it is compatible with other types of delivery. This allows you to order container multimodal transportation from Ukraine to the world’s largest ports and back.
As for the disadvantages, sea container transportation has some disadvantages:
- Long delivery time. Transportation by sea can take several months, because a ship with containers on board will not be able to move very quickly. Therefore, if you are going to transport perishable goods, it is better to choose delivery by plane.
How does Mithridate company work?
When ordering such a service as international transportation by sea, the process takes place in several stages:
Sea freight price
Tariffs for cargo transportation by sea depend on the following factors:
- dimensions and type of cargo
To find out the cost of delivery of your cargo, fill out the “Rate request” form, and our managers will make a preliminary calculation.
Accounting of the specifics of your cargo
Organization of cargo delivery using specialized container equipment, which is selected depending on the type of cargo and requirements for transportation by sea transport:
- standard sea container 20ft, 40ft, 40ft High Cube;
- refrigerating containers;
- containers with vertical loading (Open Top);
- for oversized cargo (Flat Rack);
- platform container (Platform);
- tank container (Tank Tainer).
About the company “Mitridat”
Our achievements were noted not only by numerous companies of Ukraine and other countries that are our partners, but also by the national business rating “Leader of the Year”, where we received gold and silver awards in two nominations.
Mitridat logistics company is a member of the International Federation of Forwarding Associations (FIATA). We provide services such as LCL transportation and FCL, delivery of goods from the USA and much more.
If you want your cargo to be delivered safe and sound, call us at +38 (067) 488 50 30 or email email@example.com. If you have any questions, call or visit our office at the address: Odesa, Sofiivska Street, 7a.